You are going to archive the research you do for the Research Paper. The assignment is designed to help you keep track of and evaluate your sources.
1. Create a new file in Microsoft Word. Name it Research Portfolio_Your Last Name
2. For each of the 3+ sources you use in your paper, include the following:
• Citation for the source as it would appear on a Works Cited page
• Citation for the source as it would appear in-text
• Evaluation of the source’s credibility. Consider the following when assessing the source’s credibility:
• Publication/sponsor (such as an organization) credibility/level of bias (credentials)
• Author credibility/level of bias
• Credibility of style of site/article/writing (logic, harshness of style, etc.)
• When it was originally published
• Information verifiable?
3. You also need to include notes for each of the sources. These notes can be bullet points. You need to have at least 2 notes per source. Examples of types of notes from the sources include:
• Quotations to be incorporated into your writing
• Summary/paraphrase of the source
• Explanation of how you’ll use the source in your writing
The paper needs to be 4-5 pages double-spaced, Times New Roman font, size 12, written in MLA format. You need to use at least 3 sources. Make sure to include an MLA heading at the top of the first page, have an original title, and include a Works Cited page (on a separate page, not included in the 4-5 page).