Collaboration Philosophy – In the beginning of the course, describe your philosophy of collaboration. Use recollections from your educational experiences, discussions with colleagues, or classmates, and perhaps talks with favorite teachers you have had through the years to formulate a description and philosophy about collaborative school consultation that reflects your perception of the process at this time.
Here are some guiding questions to help you formulate your current philosophy of collaboration (no more than 2 paragraphs):
• How would you define collaboration?
• What characteristics do you feel are important for collaboration to occur?
• Identify benefits educators may derive from collaboration.
• Identify potential barriers for educators to collaboration.
• What skills are necessary for successful collaboration to occur?
• How comfortable with and/or prepared are you for collaboration?
• What conditions are necessary for collaboration to occur?
• What could better prepare you for collaboration in your setting?
• How likely are you to engage in collaboration in the near future?
• How much have college courses prepared you to successfully collaborate?
Note: This is graded activity. As a reminder, post your initial response by Friday, 7/7 at 11:59PM. Please respond to at least 2 classmate’s postings by Sunday 7/9 at 11:59PM.